Unable to start SOS Server...! Please Help...!

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

abhinav150384

Unable to start SOS Server...! Please Help...!

Post by abhinav150384 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:00 am

I have just installed and configured SourceOffSite Server v4.2 in my system which has:
SOS Edition: No Cryptography,
SOS Server for VSS 6.0.

I am using unsecure port with default unsecure port no. 8080.

The database i am accessing is situated on a different machine which is connected to me through LAN. I have configured the database correctly and the file "srcsafe.ini" is correctly displayed in the database tab.

I have also changed the registry key described in the readme file and removed the quotes from the string file "ImagePath"'s value as i am using Windows XP SP2.

Now when I go to the Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Services and try to start the SourceOffSite 4 Server., it gets started and gets stopped immediately. It shows the following message box with the following error:

"The SourceOffSite 4 Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Kindly help and tell me what should be done in this regard so that it starts smoothly. Please mail me the reply on abhinav1503@yahoo.co.in asap. Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 am

Check the SOS server log -- log.txt in the SOS Server directory -- for errors.

This KB article has solutions for the the most common errors:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 2271#12271

If this doesn't help, post a copy of your server log or email it to Linda at SourceGear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager