Error - Status information will not be persisted during this

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

short1uk

Error - Status information will not be persisted during this

Post by short1uk » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:15 am

Opening file c:\program files\ sourceoffsite\servers\***********\database2.sos in read-only mode.
Status information will not be persisted during this session

What does this mean? An off shore chap is getting this error accessing a project.

Catherine

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:57 am

The databaseX.sos file is the SOS client-side cache file.

If something is locking that file (if you have two clients open at the same time, for instance, like the GUI and IDE client), then the client can't write to it and it opens in read-only mode. Sometimes the cache file becomes corrupt and can't be written to.

If the problem persistes, delete the databaseX.sos file. It will be recreated on the next login. Details here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1059
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

JBeach

Post by JBeach » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:35 pm

Does this mean you cannot have two or more instances of an IDE open at one time? I am also receiving this error, and do not have the SOS client open, but did just open a second instance of Visual Studio - which is a VERY standard practice. I will often have 4 instances of VS running to develop my application

Please advise -

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm

Working with multiple instance of Visual Studio could cause problems, as both are writing to the same client cache file, and the file is locked while it's being written to.

A possible workaround would be to connect the the SOS Server with the server name for one instance/project and connect with the IP address for another instance/project. Client cache files are created for each servername you log into.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager