SOS v4.0.0 error with one VSS db

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jim Clews

SOS v4.0.0 error with one VSS db

Post by Jim Clews » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:57 am

Hi,

We get the following error message in the log when SOS tries to access one of our VSS db's

"Error verifying database path: Access to the path "E:\SOL\VSS_Databases\Sound\srcsafe.ini" is denied."

This is a local folder to the SOS server and has the exact same permissions as the other VSS databases which work correctly.

I note from another post this error could be due to corruption of the VSS database - I'd like to know if there are any other issues which could be causing this before I run a (lengthy) consistency check.

Many thanks,

Jim

corey

Post by corey » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:14 pm

Are the other databases also located on the E: drive?
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

Jim Clews

Post by Jim Clews » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:11 pm

Yes, they are on the same volume - it's a 500GB RAID 5 Array, mounted as a single logical drive, filesystem is NTFS v5 and the OS is Windows 2000 Server sp4.

The other working db's share the same common path :-

E:\SOL\VSS_Databases

corey

Post by corey » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:00 am

If all of the databases are located on the same local drive, and only one gives the error, then the next step is probably the consistency check.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

brains13

Post by brains13 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:00 am

I tried consistency check and it didn't work. You can copy another srcsafe.ini file from one that works and edit it, and then rename the old one to srcsafe.old. Then delete the database from SOS, restart the service, then re-add the SOS and restart the service again. It should show up then.
Bruce