Problem with GetProject in soscmd 4.1.2

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Gorichok

Problem with GetProject in soscmd 4.1.2

Post by Gorichok » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 am

Hello,

I was trying to use in DOS batch file GetProject command in CLC, the project that I trying to get is a little big (about 160 Mb and approx. 4600 files), the CLC gets only a part of project and hang without any error messages, after long time waiting I do "End Process" in Windows Task Manager, some times the task manager shows 99% CPU usage by soscmd.exe when it hangs. I do same thing (Get Latest version) in GUI Client and it's work fine. We use SoS Client 4.1.2 on Windows XP SP2, and we have Virtual Private Network, SoS Server is in US side and client in Europe.
My command is:

Code: Select all

soscmd -command GetProject -recursive -server xxxx:8888 -name xxx -password "" -project $/MyProject -alias Robots
I don't need -soshome, because every time I want to get entire project.

May be SoS Server close the connection and that's why CLC hangs?
Please, let me know, what can I do in this situation?

Thanks,
Gor.
I'll be back...

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:26 am

To help narrow it down, I have a few questions.

When you attempt with the GUI, are you doing that from a different machine or the same machine? Have you tried a smaller Get from the command line to see if the results are the same?

Gorichok

Post by Gorichok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:27 am

Beth wrote:To help narrow it down, I have a few questions.

When you attempt with the GUI, are you doing that from a different machine or the same machine? Have you tried a smaller Get from the command line to see if the results are the same?
Thanks for quick response!
I work with GUI on same machine.
I tried GetProject for small projects and its work, it hangs after getting approx. 30 - 40Mb. Now something else - yesterday I start my script and leave it for night, at morning I see the results and here is it:

Code: Select all

C:\>soscmd -command GetProject -recursive -server xxx:8888 -name xxx -password xxx -project $/MyProject -alias ATEDOTNET -workdir c:\MyProject

Error: Server response = 401 NoSuchFileOrProject

May be our internet connection is too slow or unreliability for working with soscmd?

Thanks.
I'll be back...

Beth

Post by Beth » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:39 pm

Do you know what version your SOS server is and if it matches the version of the client you are using? Is there another machine you can try the command on?

agrawalsumit

facing similar problem

Post by agrawalsumit » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 am

Hello,

I am facing similar problem using SOS command utility. When i try a get on a project, it starts properly and continues for some time and then hangs. I tried it multiple times and on different machines but got the same problem everytime.

But I am able to a get using SOS gui tool. Please suggest some solution.

Sumit

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:38 am

For both agrawalsumit and Gorichok, please increase the server logging for the SOS server, try the scenario again, and then send me the server log. Information on increasing the log level can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463. I'd recommend Verbose and Method.

You can send the server log to support at sourcegear.com and just reference this post in the email.