Unable to bind in VS 2003 with SOS 4.1.2

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jsmckinney

Unable to bind in VS 2003 with SOS 4.1.2

Post by jsmckinney » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Okay, so I recently relocated to another office where VPN simply isnt going to happen, so I setup SOS to communicate with the VSS server where I was before. I got the actual SOS program setup no sweat, server installed no sweat, now the problem I am having is when I try to rebind all the existing projects I have on my machine with those on the server.

When I open one project in Visual Studio for example, and hit "Change Source Control", I can connect to the server fine, I can login and see the project list just fine as well, but when I try to browse to the directory of the project I am on and reconnect it, I see the server name change properly, but the binding just says "<Unable to Display>" and the status says it is invalid. No matter how many times I do this, it wont connect properly. The provider is also correctly listed as SOS, so I dont know what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:52 pm

I'd suggest doing a fresh open from source control. Backup your working directories, then, using fresh working directories, try File->Source Control->Open from Source Control.

Does this work for you?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jsmckinney

Post by jsmckinney » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:50 am

Well the main problem with that is that not all of our projects have solutions in VSS. The solutions are just built on individual machines, and we just keep the project files in VSS. (most of the stuff we do is either web apps or console apps, so its all one project per solution anyway)

which means even if i try to open from source control, i get the error "An error occurred when you attempted to access the source control system. Check your solution's source control bindings."

Ideally I want to just bind my existing projects to the SOS server instead of the local VSS server its looking for (since the computer moved, and the local VSS server is no longer around)

Thanks!

jsmckinney

Post by jsmckinney » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:48 am

I think i figured it out... and it wasnt too difficult.

I was trying to open everything from the solution, not the project, and that would try to bind to the local server over and over. I just needed to open the local project, login to SOS, and rebuild the solution. That worked no problem, and now everything is bound properly to my VSS db.

Thanks!