Problem using Visual Studio plug-in

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mcanti

Problem using Visual Studio plug-in

Post by mcanti » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:50 pm

Hello all,

I want to use SourceOffSite as a plugin in Visual Studio 2005. I have set all needed settings in Tools->Options->Source Control. When I open my solution, the connection dialogs appear, I enter all needed data, select a database, but then I receive the following error:
"Unable to decrypt user key"

I need to provide my user key somewhere, but I don't know where. In the SourceOffSite client program, I already imported the key and I can succesfully connect to the VSS database, but the plug-in doesn't seem to find it or it cannot decrypt it!?!?

Please help me with this.

Canti

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:54 pm

Visual Studio should use the same encryption key that the SOS GUI Client does.

Make sure that when you connect with VS 2005, you use the same username and SOS Server name in the connection dialog that you use in the SOS GUI Client connection dialog. Also check to see if there are any trailing spaces in the user or server name.

If the user key is created with the IP address of the server, and the user tries to connect with the server name, they will get this error.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mcanti

Post by mcanti » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:24 am

Hello

Thank you for the reply, it helped solving the mistery. Indeed the username was not well entered, because the plugin autocompleted the username field with the Windows username, instead of the username entered in the SourceOffSite client application:

e.g.:
instead of CantemirM (SourceOffSite user), it was autocompleted with cantemir.mihu (Windows login user)