Invalid file version: error when doing a Get from a label.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmitchell

Invalid file version: error when doing a Get from a label.

Post by jmitchell » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 pm

When attempting to do a Get All from a label of a VSS project in SOS, I right click on the root folder of the project, choose "Show History", select recursive and include file history check boxes. When, list appears, I right click on the item I want with the correct label (root folder), and click on "Get" button. Immediately, I get an error in progress window that says "Invalid file version:"

From within VSS, I can do this with no problems.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:42 pm

What version of SOS client and server are you using?

What version of the VSS automation component is installed on the SOS Server machine? Here's how to find out:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510

Are you getting the label from the directory where it was applied, or from a level higher? Can you get the label from a different level?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

pcgoober

I have same issue

Post by pcgoober » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:43 pm

ssapi.dll version = 6.0.89.87
sos client version = 4.1.2
sos server version = 4.1.2.184

No prior label (at any level) than current version is able to be checked out. Please advise asap for a solution as we have code at a previous label that needs checkout and modification to fix a problem in the field.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Can you get individual files with that label? What about subfolders?
ssapi.dll version = 6.0.89.87
This is an older version of the VSS automation component and may not work as well with SOS.

If you have a VSS 6.0d client, try installing it on the SOS Server machine. Or you can download the Hotfix version of 6.0c from our website and replace the contents of your VSS\Win32 directory with the contents of this archive.

http://download.sourcegear.com/files/vss_60c_hotfix.zip

If you're still not able to get the label, run Analyze on your VSS database to make sure there is no minor database corruption that could be causing a problem in getting from history. Use the -f and -c parameters, per this KB article:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=50
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

pcgoober

Problem still exists

Post by pcgoober » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:34 am

hotfix applied, service restarted.

no corruption.

windows vss client still works.

still get same error.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:47 am

Can you get individual files with that label? What about subfolders?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

pcgoober

I can get ...

Post by pcgoober » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:29 pm

single files within the project but not entire subdirectories.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:13 pm

This could be either a network problem or a database issue. Even if Analyze is clean, there still can be issues with the database that cause a problem for the automation component, which SOS Server uses to communicate with the database.

To rule out a network problem, install an SOS Client on the SOS Server and try to get the label using "localhost" for the SOS Server name. It's possible something on the network is interfering with the label get or closing the connection.

If you still can't get the label, we'll need to take a look at your database to try to reproduce the problem. We don't necessarily need the entire database, just an archive of the specific folder and subfolders where the label was applied. Email linda at sourcegear.com for specifics.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear