SOS 4.1.2 - Accounts get duplicated

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pigroup

SOS 4.1.2 - Accounts get duplicated

Post by pigroup » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:02 am

Hi,

I have noticed this on a handful of occasions now. We have a VPN to a client site who have SOS accounts (about a dozen or so). Not every time, but some times I enter the Server Manager and find that all of these accounts (users over the VPN) have duplicated. There exists 2 accounts (with the same account name) for every user. This doesn't happen with any other of the user accounts (through other VPN's or internal users).

I can delete them, but if I go back in, say a couple of weeks later, all of the accounts have duplicated again.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks

Lee

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:38 am

We've seen something similar, which could be a manifestation of the same bug:

If a user logs in and mis-spells their user name, the server closes the connection and reports "user <misspelled name> not found."

However, the name is added to the User pane of the SOS server manager, and takes up a license.

It's possible that even valid names are re-added if there's a problem with the connection.

I'd like to see a copy of your sossvr.prp file with the duplicate names. Email it to linda at sourcegear.com. Let me know what version of SOS you are using.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager