Developer Studio crash using SoS 4.1.2

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

smacnab

Developer Studio crash using SoS 4.1.2

Post by smacnab » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:43 am

I have a fairly good sized solution (1 web service project 12 support libraries) with some where around 1000-1500 files total. Binding all of the projects to my remote VSS through SoS worked fine. The project was able to check in and out ok. However, after I closed the solution and then opened the same one back up again I got a developer studio crash (gave the standdard Send Error Report / Don't Send) dialog box and SoS popped up an error as well indicating that database1.sos was opening in read only mode.

The this will constantly occur until I reboot my machine. After this the solution opens just fine until I close it and reopen it again, at which time I am back into the error case once more and have to restart my machine. The error in developer studio lists the following information:

AppName: devenv.exe
AppVer 7.10.3077.0
ModName: cslangsvc.dll
ModVer 7.10.3077.0
Offset 00016250

Not sure if this is helpful, but its the only data I have to give. Uninstalling SoS and going back to VSS does correct the problem although execution is a bit slower. Has there been any other reports of similar problems or work arounds? I would rather use SoS but I am on a tight time table and I already wasted all yesterday and this morning trying to find work arounds for this issue. I have about another half a day before SoS gets shelved and I have to get back on track so any insight you could shed would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Scott

smacnab

Post by smacnab » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:15 am

A little more info. Once the crash happens, if I try to launch the SoS client it hangs during the connection process. I have to reboot the computer to get it working again.

-Scott