Unable to retrieve older file versions

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nathan.austhof

Unable to retrieve older file versions

Post by nathan.austhof » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:50 am

Below is an issue with one of our SOS servers. He is using SOS ver 4.1.2 connecting to our SOS server ver 4.1.2 with VSS 6.0d (automation component update complete) and having the following error. Any ideas???

Hello,

Since yesterday several developers from EMEA noticed that they are unable to retrieve older file versions from the ITGATLSOS01 SOS server, PCSGlobal database.

We're using the recommended SourceOffSite Classic client version 4.1.2.

To retrieve an older file version, you log into the server, select a database and then select a file: for example the $/RPOS/PCS_NEWDEV_V6/6.1Package.bat file.

Then right-click on the name of the file and select 'Show History...', the following dialog pops-up

<<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>

Select any version lower than 18 and click the 'Get' or 'Diff' button - the pointer changes to the hourglass symbol and. the whole SOS client gets stuck.

It's notable that newer versions could be retrieved - I succeeded in getting version 18 of this file but any version lower than that simply freezes the SOS client.
Attachments
Scrap.JPG
Scrap.JPG (75.72 KiB) Viewed 3093 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:10 pm

I see the History screen, but no error message. The error message doesn't appear to have gotten posted to the forum:
<<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>
If this is a new problem, then it's possible that the VSS database is experiencing some minor corruption.

The first thing to try is to run Analyze on the database, with -c then -f parameters.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=50

If Analyze reports no errors, please reproduce the error, then send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Email to linda at SourceGear.com.

I'd also like to know the version of the VSS automation component on the SOS Server machine. Here's how to determine the version:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager