Feature Request

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

SourceOffSite should provide the feature to select folders, so that users can selectively take the latest source code in order to save time, as sometime internet speed becomes a issue.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

sandeepbassi

Feature Request

Post by sandeepbassi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 am

Hi,

I am using SourceOffSite Version 4.1.2.

We have a long listing of sub-directories in the project. In case we have to select 20 sub-directories out of 100 then either i can select one by one, or i have to take the latest source code for entire project.

Can't we have a feature, that will popup a window and user can select folders they want to take the latest source code, and based upon the list SourceOffSite get the latest source for us.

The problem is, sometime there are network issue or there are internet speed issues, then it take lot of time to retrieve the latest source code.
Even if there are no issues with network or internet, then also it takes lot of time, as either we have to select one-by-one or the entire directory tree.

Therefore if we can set the required list of directories, then it will save lot of time.

Thanks

Sandeep Bassi
(Second Foundation)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 am

If you want to skip certain directories during a Get Latest operation, the best way to do this currently is to use the Cloak feature. Right click on a project and select "Cloak Project." SOS will not get those projects during a recursive Get.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sandeepbassi

Cloak Project

Post by sandeepbassi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Hi,

But the problem remains the same, i have to cloak all the project directories which i don't want to include during Get Latest Operation and after that i have to Uncloak the project in case i need them.

So the best solution i think would be an interface through which i can select the required directories and Source off site automatically gets the latest source code for those selected directories.

There should be an option in the context menu, and whenever i click that option from context menu, it should open only that project with its subdirectories, and also provide the flexibility to save the selection for future use.

Thanks

Sandeep Bassi
(Second Foundation)