client hanging

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

yo

client hanging

Post by yo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 am

I use SOS to upload files to a server in another city.
The last few days, it has been hanging while uploading files. I got a Not Responding when I try to shut down and restart SOS.
Any ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:44 am

Is this a new problem? Were you able to upload files successfuly before?

Do other users have the same problem?

Does the SOS Server hang during the upload? When you restart the SOS Server, can you upload files again for a while?

What version of the SourceSafe automation component is on the SOS Server machine?

To determine the version, locate the ssapi.dll file in the Win32 directory of the VSS Client installed on the SOS Server machine. Right click on the ssapi.dll file, choose Properties->Version.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

yo

Post by yo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:50 pm

This is a new problem, I have been uploading without any problems for a long time.
As for the questions about other users and the server, I have forwarded the message to the on site person (where the server is located).
Hope to get answers soon. Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate that!

yo

got the version

Post by yo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:25 pm

the version is 6.0.81.69

Also, I think it happens usually when I am uploading large files. Any connection?
Thanks Linda.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:42 pm

This is a new problem, I have been uploading without any problems for a long time.
Were you also able to upload large files before, with no problem?

If so, then something on the network may have changed. Some device, like a firewall, proxy server, or anti-virus program may be closing the connection.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

yo

Question for you

Post by yo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:03 pm

I will try to find out if anything changed on the network, because large files were never a problem before.
It is actually hanging right away when I try to send a large file, so it does not seem like a time-out issue.

Could it be an issue of low hard drive space on the client machine? Does SOS create copies of the files it is uploading or something like that?
I'm just groping here....
Thanks again.