Multiple requests to login using VSS integration

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

arbitrarily

Multiple requests to login using VSS integration

Post by arbitrarily » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:25 pm

When opening a solution from source control using VSS integration, I get multiple requests to login to the SourceOffSite server. The login works each time, but it is annoying to have to repeatedly click to login to the same server.

My VSS account has no password. I connect to 5 difference VSS databases, but each solution is only ever bound to one of these.

I have only just started using SOS, so many of my bindings are still set to VSS and need to be updated. However, I still get multiple request for login even when I am opening a solution that has been correctly bound.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:13 am

What version of SOS are you using? What is your development environment -- VB 6, VS.NET ?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

arbitrarily

Post by arbitrarily » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Using SOS 4.1.2
Development Environment VS.NET 2003 and VSS 6.0d

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:41 pm

In the connection dialogs, have you tried checking the checkboxes for "connect automatically" and "remember my password?"
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

arbitrarily

Post by arbitrarily » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:43 pm

Connect automatically is checked on. Remember password is checked off. I do not have a password set. When I tried turning the remember password checkbox on, I ran into problems where I wasn't given the opportunity to change the database to connect to when trying to open a solution from source control.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:33 pm

If you have multiple projects within a solution, the SOS login dialog will appear multiple times. The only way to prevent this is to enable the "remember password" option.

If you attempt to open a project or add a project to source control, the login dialog should appear giving you the option to specify the database.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

arbitrarily

Post by arbitrarily » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:39 pm

I was finding that after I ticked it on to remember password, I wasn't able to use the open from source control option because it would go straight to the project browse screen and not give me the option to select a different database. However, for a correctly bound solution, it would open up using the correct database as you suggested.