SOS account in Domain Admin group

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nathan.austhof

SOS account in Domain Admin group

Post by nathan.austhof » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:42 am

I am running SOS 4.1.2 w/ VSS 6.0d and have made the automation component update. For my testing I have been working with 2 SOS servers that talk to VSS databases on the same server or a different physical server in our DMZ but in the same building (see attached diagram). Throughout all of the testing we have done, if the SOS service accounts are a member of the domain admins group the performance is X mins. If the SOS service account is not a member of the domain admin group the performance is 5-10 x (times) X mins. The SOS service accounts are a member of the local admin group for each of the SOS servers. It is not a issue of permissions, only performance. For some reason it is much, much, much faster if the SOS service accounts are a member of the domain admins group.
Attachments
SOS.jpg
SOS.jpg (69.22 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:55 pm

That's interesting. Since the only variable is the group membership of the SOS Server Service account, could there be some sort of bottleneck on the network in granting machine/directory/file access to an account that's not in the domain admins group?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager