How to use Set date/time on local files - option?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tfield98

How to use Set date/time on local files - option?

Post by tfield98 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:04 am

I'm being a little dense this morning. Can someone help me understand the help file text below? Is this option just for display, or are files when retrieved set according to this? If this is simply a display option, does the Show Differences command use the displayed date, or ???

When I do a Get Latest Version, I want the date of the file on my machine to be the date that the file was last modified by a co-worker on his machine before he checked it in.

Thanks!!

Set date/time on local files

The Local Date in the File List can be set to display files by either the Current time, Check In time or Modification time. The Current time sets the Local Date of the file to the current date and time when the SourceOffSite Client gets a file. This is the default setting. The Check In time sets the Local Date of the file to the date and time the file was last checked in to the database. The Modification time sets the Local Date of the file to the date and time the file was last saved.

When the time option is set to Modification time, the first time files are downloaded from the database, they will be given a timestamp that is the same as the last time the database was saved, as stored by the SourceSafe database.
[/i]
Tom Field

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:27 am

This setting retrieve the file with the timestamp you want. So if you want the files in your working directory to have their modification timestamp (date co-worker changed the fie), then use "Modification."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager