Pango library version question

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Leroy

Pango library version question

Post by Leroy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:34 am

I am trying to get SG SOS 4.1.2 to run on my Solaris 8 box. I am getting a "fatal: libpangoxft-1.0.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory". Which is clear enough, I dont have the right library.

When I run ldd on sos, the lines related to this problem are:

libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 => (file not found)
libpangox-1.0.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0
libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0

So basically I downloaded the latest pango (which is 1.8.0) for my machine, did a pkgadd on it, and yet SOS can't find what it needs. How does this work? I can't find any older versions of pango (google'd it, didn't find any) and I don't know where to find the xft version of the pango libraries.

Thoughts?

Help!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:14 am

Based on some Internet searching, it looks like pango depends on Xft2 and fontconfig. So try installing fontconfig and then Xft2 and then re-install pango.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Leroy

thanks for the tip

Post by Leroy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:21 am

i was able to get the latest pango libraries built, along with xft and fontconfig. but now its crashing on libm.so.2. my machine only has libm.so.1 and i can't find a patch on Sun's site that includes an update that I don't already have. Can I get either the source to compile on my machine, or some version that doesn't require this library. I am running SPARC solaris 8. Thanks!

Leroy

thank you

Post by Leroy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:11 pm

Linda, i received the package you sent to me (through emails offline) - thank you. I am building as i type.