SOS service restart needed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nathan.austhof

SOS service restart needed

Post by nathan.austhof » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:05 am

I am running SOS 4.1.2, VSS 6.0d (with auto comp reg change), I have A/V disabled... all the best practices :)

I have a SOS server pointing to another SOS server, say SOS01 points to SOS02. Every now and again users connect via their SOS client to the SOS01 server but cannot see the db's on SOS02. I restart the SOS service on SOS01 and then they can see the db's again. Any ideas what the issue could be?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:29 am

I'm not clear on your configuration. Could you explain how one SOS Server is connecting to another SOS Server? Do you mean you have SOS Servers pointing to databases on each other's machines?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

nathan.austhof

Post by nathan.austhof » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:30 am

Sorry that wasn't clear. Yes, one SOS server points to another.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Are users unable to see the database in the dropdown menu? If so, this sounds like a network issue. For some reason, SOS has lost its connection with the database, or the account used by the SOS Server has temporarily lost access. Restarting the SOS Server re-establishes that.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

nathan.austhof

Post by nathan.austhof » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:38 pm

Yes, they are unable to see the db's from the drop-down menu. Is there a fix so that I don't have to restart the service everytime this happens?