SOS server hardware crash...rebuild assistance requested

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

marekyarbrough

SOS server hardware crash...rebuild assistance requested

Post by marekyarbrough » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:09 pm

My old SOS 3.5.2 server has had a hardware crash...I am in the process of rebuilding on a new machine. I no longer have a copy of the old 3.5.2 server software so I downloaded the 3.5.3 and have successfully loaded it and the MS JVM machine. I have manually added the SN's and show 45 permanent licenses. Can I import the users and keys?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:15 pm

If you still have the sossvr.kys file from the previous installation, you could copy it into the SOS Server directory. However, the name and IP address of the new server machine must be the same as the old one, as user keys are created with the user name and server name.

If users will be connecting with a different server name than the server name the user key was created with, the user keys must be recreated with the new server name/IP and re-imported into the SOS Client.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

marekyarbrough

Post by marekyarbrough » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:30 pm

that poses a problem...I guess it I will have to add each individually since I can reuse the server IP, but not the name.

Sincerely,
Marek

marekyarbrough

Post by marekyarbrough » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:46 pm

I can't get the clients to connect to the server? don't know where to start...the JVM tests good, the VSS is checking out fine, the latest service pack for VSS loaded...the version of the SOS was 3.5.2 and I loaded 3.5.3 since I no longer have the 3.5.2 software...is there any discrep there?

marekyarbrough

Post by marekyarbrough » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:30 pm

ok, sorted it all out...for some reason, the VSS software had to be relocated to exactly the same directory that was used on the other server...? Afterwards, the only tripping point was the SOS server actually failed to set itself for automatically starting...had to change service setting. Then everything worked.

Thanks,
Marek