Removing old server from list after issuing new keys

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Michael Lindley

Removing old server from list after issuing new keys

Post by Michael Lindley » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:35 pm

We recently had an IP address change on our server so I had to re-issue all encryption keys (using the domain name this time). After logging in once I copied all databases from the old Server directory to the new so all of my file information status would be correct. Everything is working perfectly, except every time I log in to SOS the old IP Address Server shows up first in the list forcing me to use a Mouse-Click to switch to the new server instead of just hitting Enter to move on to the next screen and login.

Is there a way to remove the reference to the old server altogether?

Thanks!
Michael

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:36 pm

I should also say, we are using SOS 3.5.3

Thanks for any help!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:33 pm

This setting is in the registry, under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceOffSite\SourceOffSite\Settings

I believe the values to delete are Last Server and Server List.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 pm

Thanks much, that worked perfectly!

Michael Lindley

One followup....

Post by Michael Lindley » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:58 pm

One followup to this. This did fix the issue where the old server is visible in the drop-down box, but now it doesn't remember the old server by default. So now, when we are prompted to login to SOS, the server field is blank and if we drop it down we can choose our server from the list and connect successfully, but it's very annoying to have to choose the server every time.

I've messed around with the Registry values but so far have been unsuccessful with fixing this.

FYI the LastServer Key has the correct value and the ServerList key has the correct value as well.

Thanks for any help!

MLindley

Post by MLindley » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:23 pm

Hi, not trying to be a pest, but does anyone have any ideas how to make the drop-down automatically select the new server now that the old server is removed?