Adding Users SourceOffSite 3.0.1

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Adding Users SourceOffSite 3.0.1

Post by guest » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:51 am

Hi,

I am attempting to remove one user and add two users to Source OffSite 3.0.1. (I know it's old. We're planning on upgrading soon.)

I removed one user, then added the new two in the same session. We have ten licenses and after these changes take effect will be using all of them.

We've rebooted SOS. The changes didn't take.

We then rebooted the server that SOS is on and the changes still didn't take.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:00 pm

We've rebooted SOS. The changes didn't take.
Did you stop and restart the SOS Server service?

Are you getting an error message when attempting to log in as one of the new users? When you log into the SOS Server Manager, do the new users appear?

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

Add users to SOS

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:17 pm

Yes, we rebooted the SOS Server service -- several times.

I finally removed the two new users, had the service rebooted. Then tried to login with the username, etc we were trying to remove. That worked -- the old username was removed and we couldn't access SOS using that username.

BUT...when I added the two new users, (and rebooted the service), the update didn't take.

So I ended up having to add the old user back in again to gain access to the data...

The new Users do appear in the "Users" tab. When I attempt to log them in I get a "Not authorized" message.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:51 pm

Are the new users that you are attempting to add already existing VSS user names?

The user tab only records who has logged in to the VSS database from the SOS Server. The names in the user pane also indicate how many users have taken up SOS licenses.

User accounts are managed by the VSS Admin Client. So if you want to add or change a username you would do in VSS.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

short1uk

Post by short1uk » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:31 pm

I have the same problem, i added a user in VSS and the guy does not show up in the user list. Any ideas? this is very important i need for this guy to be able to log in asap in the morning. i have created him a key and emailed it to him but he gets the you are not authorized error message when he attempts to log in. How do i get him to appear in the user list? he defo shows in the VSS list with read write access.

Help please!!!!!!!!!

Catherine

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:38 pm

not authorized error message when he attempts to log in
This means either there is no license configured in the Serial Numbers tab of the SOS Server manager or you have more users than licenses.

Usually, when users log into VSS from SOS, their name is automatically added to the Users pane. This takes up a license. If you have 5 licenses, for instance, after the fifth user logs in, no more usernames can be added to the User pane, nor can any more users log in.

You can delete users from the Users pane if there are names there that should not be taking up licenses.

Remember that SOS is licensed per name user, not by concurrent user. If you have more users than licenses, you may need to purchase additional licenses.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager