SourceOffSite 4.0

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

corey

SourceOffSite 4.0

Post by corey » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:46 pm

SourceOffSite 4.0 is now available and can be downloaded from:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/downloads.asp

A list of new features and bug fixes has been posted to this Discussion forum:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=460

Instructions for those upgrading from SOS 3.5 can be found at:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=461

SOS 3.5 serial numbers can be upgraded through our online store:

https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/or ... family=sos

ravensorb

Request: Why do we always need to restart the service???

Post by ravensorb » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:32 pm

Is there any hope that in the near future we will not need to restart the service for every little change? It shouldn't be to hard to do something like a named event that the control panel set so that the service would know to automatically restart :)

corey

Post by corey » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:57 pm

Yea, that was actually a feature that we wanted to get into the 4.0 release but had to cut because of time constraints. There's a good chance we would add it in a future release.

ravensorb

Post by ravensorb » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:33 am

corey wrote:Yea, that was actually a feature that we wanted to get into the 4.0 release but had to cut because of time constraints. There's a good chance we would add it in a future release.
Cool :)

ravensorb

Feature Request: When adding new files, auto set working dir

Post by ravensorb » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:34 am

Is there any reason why SOS cannot auto matically set the working directory for me when I am adding new files?

ravensorb

Support for move?

Post by ravensorb » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:35 am

Is it possible the support (drag and drop would be awesome) for the move operation?

corey

Post by corey » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:18 pm

Move should work in 4.0 (but not via drag and drop). There is a Move menu item under the File menu of the GUI Client.

As far as automatically setting the working directory for added folders... sometimes users add folders from locations they don't want to become their working directory, so the product doesn't make any assumptions. However, making that an option would be nice. I'll put it down as a feature request.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:21 pm

corey wrote:Move should work in 4.0 (but not via drag and drop). There is a Move menu item under the File menu of the GUI Client.

As far as automatically setting the working directory for added folders... sometimes users add folders from locations they don't want to become their working directory, so the product doesn't make any assumptions. However, making that an option would be nice. I'll put it down as a feature request.
The one place I didn't look :-D I was expecting to see it in the Source menu.

Thanks --- any chance drag and drop might show up in the future? :)

B Dent

Server Restarts

Post by B Dent » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:25 am

I agree as well that the server restart issue is a big one. With a large development team that stretches from one side of the globe to the other, there really is not any one time that our server is not in use. Having to make small changes and restart the service each time becomes a big pain because you have to stop everyone from working. Is it possible this would show up in a major, minor or revision release of the 4.0 version?

corey

Post by corey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:00 am

We're considering a change to how the server reads the config file for the 4.1 release, but that is not for sure at this point. The main focus of our 4.1 release is our Unix clients. We're planning the release for late spring or summer.

Reservoir

Post by Reservoir » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:53 pm

corey wrote:We're considering a change to how the server reads the config file for the 4.1 release, but that is not for sure at this point. The main focus of our 4.1 release is our Unix clients. We're planning the release for late spring or summer.
Do the 4.0 Unix clients have all the new features too, or are they more like 3.5.3 versions that work with the 4.0 server?

Are the Unix clients a totally separate code base? Obviously they are not .NET, but I guess they must not have been Java previously either.

corey

Post by corey » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:00 pm

Reservoir wrote: Do the 4.0 Unix clients have all the new features too, or are they more like 3.5.3 versions that work with the 4.0 server?

Are the Unix clients a totally separate code base? Obviously they are not .NET, but I guess they must not have been Java previously either.
The 4.0 Unix Clients don't have the new features. They include several bug fix patches and were built with the latest Unix libraries, etc, but the new 4.0 features won't be available on Unix until 4.1 is released.

They are a totally separate codebase. The SOS Clients were never built on Java, nor are they .NET apps (only the Server is). The Windows Client is an MFC app and the Unix app is GTK.

nodcap

3.5.3 Service Issues

Post by nodcap » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:55 pm

Is SOS v4 resolves the issue regarding SOS service, We always encounter SOS service hangs...and failed to restart ?