fixing 'Invalid or no databases to support'

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

fixing 'Invalid or no databases to support'

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:58 pm

I just downloaded 4.1.2, upgrading from 3.5.3. I set up 4.1.2 in a new folder, copied over the PRP file, and changed the service to start as the user I had been using. It wouldn't start. I looked in log.txt, found all of the databases listed as not existing, and the 'Invalid or no databases to support' message.

I checked and double-checked the account; I searched the forum here hoping to find some clue that I would not be forced to use a "Domain" account -- the SOS server is not a domain member.

I logged into the computer as the account, and ran the server manager, and tried to change the databases -- it wouldn't save my changes, the account didn't have permission to change the PRP file. I granted "change" permissions on the folder to the service user, and tried starting the server -- it started just fine. So the first thing to check, even before checking the permissions on the VSS files, is the permissions on the SOS files.

Rick McClinton
rmcclinton@tmaresources.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:09 pm

Thanks for the tip. Yes, the account used by the SOS Server service must also have access to the SOS directory. We haven't encountered a problem with "change" permissions, but it's good to know for future reference.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager