Login to server in demo version

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sudheer

Login to server in demo version

Post by sudheer » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:10 pm

I am evaluating the demo version of Source offsite 4.1.2. I have installed Sos server on my m/c which is having VSS client. Sos server is connecting the VSS database with my domain a/c since database is on different m/c. VSS database is having 3 users. Other users are not able to login to VSS database with Sos client. Only if I use my username for logging in with Sos client, it is allowing to connect. If Sos server logs on to VSS database with other user domain a/c, only that user can loging with Sos client. Is this common ? if so, how can many users connect if Sos server logs on to VSS with one users domain a/c ? Please any body can help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:31 am

Is VSS set up to use network authentication, or do your VSS users have specific VSS usernames and passwords created by the VSS Admin Client?

SOS does not support network authentication. You must have a VSS username and password to properly log into the VSS database from SOS.

It appears that VSS is using the credentials of the domain account and allowing logins by that user.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager