No Such File or Project: xxxxx

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Antonyg

No Such File or Project: xxxxx

Post by Antonyg » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 am

I have been using SOS 4.0 for about 9 months. When all of sudden something strange happend. I do not fully remember the situation. But now I can not access any files in SOS. I can see the project tree except the root is not labeled correctly. It has changed to one of the sub projects names, and every time I click on one of the nodes it just comes back saying No Such File or Project: xxxxxxx.

I have removed SOS comepltely including all registry entries and reinstalled but it still comes up with this problem.

I have another PC which I have installed SOS on and have logged into the server with the same credentials, and it works fine.

I have attached a screen dump of the client and a excert from the server log.

Please help as my other PC is in for repairs and using Source Safe 6 over a VPN is like waiting for paint to dry.
Attachments
SOS Problem.jpg
Screen shot of client.
SOS Problem.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
Soslog.txt
SOS Server Log. Some info has been changed for security puppose..
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 627 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:34 am

It's possible you client-side cache file is out of sync with the VSS project tree.

Try this:

In the SOS Client, highlight $/ (root) and then under the View menu, select Refresh Project Tree.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Antonyg

Post by Antonyg » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:58 pm

I have now tried that but it comes back saying the same error 'No such file or prject BulkEmail'.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:22 pm

This time, try deleting the entire database cache file. Close your client fireset. Then locate the cache file. In SOS it's in your %appdata%\SourceGear\SOS\Server\<servername> directory. It's called databaseX.sos. Delete that file and it will force the project tree to be rebuilt.

You'll need to reset working directories after this and your file status may be Unknown. Use checksums to resolve the status of unknown files (Tools->Options->Files or do a Get latest to resolve the status.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Antonyg

Post by Antonyg » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:59 pm

I take it this file is on the server. Will it affect the other users?

Antonyg

Ignore previous post

Post by Antonyg » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Please ignore my previous post I have found the files you were refering to and have deleted them and the problem is now solved.

Thanks for the help.

AG