SoS Problems on SUSE Linux

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

emorgan

SoS Problems on SUSE Linux

Post by emorgan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Hi all. I've been trying to get SoS working on my SUSE Linux 9.3 distribution, but I run into some really weird errors.

If I use classic (3.5.3) and run the install.sh script in the Linux directory, the program installs fine. However, the program won't even start up and just seg faults. I think this is because of my glib and gtk versions, both of which are above the suggested requirement (which is 1.2.7).

:/usr/local/bin> rpm -q glib gtk
glib-1.2.10-593
gtk-1.2.10-885

I'm thinking about reverting, but scared to see what I would end up breaking on my system by doing so, as well as not being 100% sure on how to successfully revert those libraries.

When I try to run the rpm for the 4.1 version of sos, I get missing dependencies of:

libgdbm.so.2
libreadline.so.4

Which, I think are fedora dependent libraries, as the rpm on the site specifically mentioned fedora and nothing about suse. I've tried installing rpms that include those libraries, and it says it succeeded, but the proper files aren't put into the /usr/local/bin directory as expected. Furthermore, I did a big find file search and it looks as though the rpm installation didn't put those files anywhere at all.

Anyone else run into this problem? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated and I hope I'm not just hosed cause I'm using the suse distribution instead of fedora or even debian.

Thanks much for any help.

Eric Morgan

emorgan

Post by emorgan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:17 pm

*SIGH*, ok, so I realized what I was doing wrong - trying to execute the wrong sos app. The correct one was stored in /usr/bin/X11/sos

So, if you're having the same problems I am, look there first instead of /usr/bin/sos

Thanks,

Eric Morgan

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:53 pm

Glad you were able to figure things out. :)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager