Eclipse plug-in available? Planned?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:41 am

We are investigating an Eclipse plug-in for Vault. I don't have other information about if or when it would be implemented
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sebas

Eclipse plug in

Post by sebas » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:53 am

I would be really interested in the Eclipse plug in. I develop in devstudio 6.0, devstudio .Net and integration with sos is really good. I really miss it in eclipse.

franrein

Any news from Sourcegear about Eclipse's plug-ins?

Post by franrein » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:35 am

Hi,

It has been almost 8 months since the last official response from Sourcegear about the Eclipse plug-ins.

I bet that all the users who requested this feature in the past are, like myself, wondering if there are any news about it.

Both VC6 and .NET development environments are integrated with SourceOffSite and this fact leads me to think that it would be possible to do it in Eclipse.

If your company does not plan to implement this in a short term, may be you could point us out how you performed the integration with VC6 and .NET so we can try to modify Eclipse's plug-ins to support your tool.

Thanks in advance.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:41 am

It's still logged as a feature request for SOS, but we don't have date for implementation as yet.

We are developing an Eclipse plugin for Vault, our replacement for SOS/VSS. We have a preview available. If an Eclipse plugin is important, you may want to take a look at Vault. We have VSS import tool to import your VSS database into Vault.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

franrein

I cannot migrate to Vault

Post by franrein » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:48 am

Linda,

If I understand correctly, I will have to migrate my whole organization to Vault and, as you may understand, this is not possible.

Thanks for your update anyway.

GTatham

A "me, too" on Eclipse support

Post by GTatham » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:35 am

We're a .NET shop on the cusp of moving towards a 50/50 .NET/Java split, using VS and Eclipse. I imagine that this split is becoming reasonably common.

We have several dozen SOS licenses, and would be (if we retained SOS usage) a candidate for several dozen more, particularly driven by increasing offshore development. Using a common SCC system is (of course) a must for us. If we can't directly integrate SOS with Eclipse (and solutions -- such as using the SOS standalone window -- that don't involve IDE integration simply aren't appropriate), we're likely to abandon VSS/SOS in favor of CVS.

Just another data point to use in your business planning.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We'd like to be able to offer this, but we don't have timeframe.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

seth

Post by seth » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:08 pm

lbauer wrote: We are developing an Eclipse plugin for Vault, our replacement for SOS/VSS. We have a preview available. If an Eclipse plugin is important, you may want to take a look at Vault. We have VSS import tool to import your VSS database into Vault.
Where can I get this preview of the Eclipse plugin for Vault? I'd love to give it a whirl.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:55 pm

Email Linda at SourceGear.com and I'll send you the information on Vault's pre-beta Eclipse plugin.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

manudewan

Post by manudewan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:24 am

Hi All,

Like most of the Java community over the world, we're using Eclipse too and we've currently got 6 developers for Java - slated to go up to 15. Our company's been using Vault for a few years now and we have felt the need for a plugin. I've been reading the posts, but don't get a clue as to whether a plugin will ever be available soon.

Could you just update us as to what or when we should expect this? It would really help.

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 am

This really should be posted to the Vault thread, but . . .

We plan an Eclipse plugin for Vault 4.0, due out later this year. If you're interested in trying our pre-beta release, email linda at sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear