Problem when changing database

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kiliana

Problem when changing database

Post by kiliana » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:21 am

Hi
I use SOS to connect to several databases on the same server. Everytime I swap to another database the file list shown is still the list of the last database opened. I have to Refresh the project tree and set again the working directory. This way, everytime I loose file status information. I used to have Windows 2000 and hadn't this problem. I now work on Windows XP.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Cécile

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:31 am

What version of SOS Client and Server are you using? Are you using XP Pro? What service pack?

How are you "swapping" databases. Do you log out, log in again, select a different database and still get the wrong project tree?

Is the behavior different if you close the SOS GUI Client first, and then reconnect to the SOS Server?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

kiliana

Post by kiliana » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:47 am

What version of SOS Client and Server are you using?
Client 4.0
Server 4.0.2

Are you using XP Pro? Yes
What service pack? 2

How are you "swapping" databases. Do you log out, log in again, select a different database and still get the wrong project tree? Yes

Is the behavior different if you close the SOS GUI Client first, and then reconnect to the SOS Server? No, I still have the same problem

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:45 am

Sounds like your client-side cache files aren't working properly. In SOS these are in your user's Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers\<servername> directory. Do you have a databaseX.sos file in this location for each database? Could something be preventing the SOS Client from reading from or writing to this file?

Are other users with your client/server versions having the same problem?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

kiliana

Post by kiliana » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:27 am

In this folder I have 2 files:
database1.sos
index.sos

I use 4 databases on the same server so I should have 4 databaseX.sos files. I don't see anything that could prevent SOS from writing in this folder.

I could contact 2 other users using 4.0 and 1 has the same problem sometimes and the other never.

kiliana

any news?

Post by kiliana » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:37 am

Hi,

Do you have any solution for this? Should I update to a newer version?

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:07 pm

Could you email info you your VSS database paths and aliases, as configured in the SOS Server Manager->Databases? There may be some clues there.

Email linda at SourceGear.com
Linda Bauer
SourceGear