SOSCMD GETProject Issue

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

SOSCMD GETProject Issue

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:43 am

SOSCMD 4.1
SOSCLIENT 4.1
SOSSERVER 4.1

Code: Select all

soscmd -command GetProject -server qqq:8080 -name username -password password -database "E:\SourceSafeTest\srcsafe.ini" -project $/Development/02_Code -soshome "c:\Program Files\SourceOffSite1" -workdir "C:\TestProject\Development\02_Code" -recursive -verbose 
I had set the working dir in soscmd to the same location where the gui SOS working folder has been set to.

When ever i execute GetProject command it fetches the files and overwrites the existing files [as i desired to work as]

But when i refresh in SOS CLIENT GUI i see the all the file status has been changed to renegade.

Can u plz help me out!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:02 pm

The SOS CLC has fetched the files to the working directory without updating the SOS Client cache file, so the changed files are listed as Renegade.

You're correct to use the -soshome parameter, but in SOS 4.1, the location has changed. The cache is now located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers, rather than in c:\Program Files\SourceOffSite1.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:03 pm

Not it still changes the file status to Renegade after changing the SOSHOME paramaeter to "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers"

Code: Select all

%soscommand% -command GetProject -server qcaweb:8080 -name fasil -password fasil -database "E:\SourceSafeTest\srcsafe.ini" -project $/Development/02_Code\ExpSci  -soshome "C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers" -workdir "C:\TestProject\Development\02_Code\ExpSci" -verbose
any comments

bfinney

Post by bfinney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:30 pm

Eliminate -workdir from your command and it should be OK.

As of 4.1 when -workdir is used along with -soshome, the cache is not updated (this is to cover the case where a secure connection is used but the files are fetched to a non-working folder). Since the timestamps of the files are different from those recorded in the cache file, they all show as renegade.
Brody Finney
SourceGear QA Thug
"I break things for a living"