SOS on Mac... still trying *sigh*

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

soopagroove

SOS on Mac... still trying *sigh*

Post by soopagroove » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:27 pm

So, I have been trying, off and on, over the past few months to get SOS to work on my mac. I am on OS X 10.3.9. I use Fink and Fink Commander to manage installed packages and libraries. I have all of my libraries installed into the \opt\local directory, which cleared up earlier errors where SOS could not find my atk and gtk installations. Now that I've finally got the newest versions of all required libraries installed into the place where SOS is looking for them, I get the following error:

dyld: /Applications/SourceOffSite/sos can't open library: /opt/local/lib/libtiff.3.6.1.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

I actually have libtiff.3.7.2.dylib installed, so I have a newer version of libtiff. Why can't I have a newer version installed??? And if I can somehow get the older version, am I going to see this same error with any other libraries? I have to say, I think compiling SOS myself would be so much easier than downloading the binary from SourceGear. What good is downloading a binary that doesn't just run!?!

Can anyone help me get this working? I don't want to give up when I'm so close.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:04 am

What is the output of "ldd /Applications/SourceOffSite/sos"? This should list the dynamic libraries that sos depends on. On most Unix platforms, the libraries are only referenced by their major version in the binary, so the dynamic linker will follow the symlink to the correct minor version. Is /opt/local/lib/libtiff.3.6.1.dylib a symbolic link, or a real file (or does it exist at all)?
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`