settings get read sometimes between client invocations

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jt

settings get read sometimes between client invocations

Post by jt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:26 pm

sometimes when I launch sos client:
- it tries to connect on port 8081 when my last successful connect was on port 8082
- it loses some of my settings in the Options dialog -- in particular the "Set date/time on local files" changes from my usual "Modification" back to the default(?) "Current" (possibly other settings are being reset, but that's the one I notice)

I'm not sure if the two are related or if they both happen at the same time when they do happen.

what's going on?

thanks,
JT

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:39 pm

I forgot to mention this is in sos 4.1 client

jt

settings get reset sometimes between client invocations

Post by jt » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:32 pm

doh! that title should have read "reset" not "read"

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:32 am

We haven't had other reports of the client losing the timestamp settings. If you continue to observe this, perhaps you can determine if it's reproducible depending on a certain set of steps.

Regarding the port, we have had reports of a bug where the client connects to a previous port number if the current port number is similar. For instance if you previously connected to port 80 and then tried to connect to port 8080, the client still tries to connect to port 80. This could be because the client is only reading part of the port numbers from the registry.

To fix this you'd need to edit the registry settings for the client at this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceOffSite\SourceOffSite\Settings

Delete any port number in "server port list" and "last port". The next time you log in reinter the port number you wish to use.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager