Unexpected Behavior

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

malakai

Unexpected Behavior

Post by malakai » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:40 am

I'm not sure what's causing this. Here is what I'm seeing:

When using the 4.1 client (and previously the 4.03 i believe is the version, worked this same way) and connecting to my SOS server (which is listening on unsecured port 80) the client would give the status message of "Connecting to xxx.xxxxxx.xxx:8080" (notice the 8080). The client seems to be converting the 80 to 8080 w/o reasons. I was finally able to connect by telling SOS to connect to 0080, which it then did.

Can someone else reproduce that SOS is doing this? It's possible that something setup by my client in their firewall/nat is causing this. However, from a shell prompt I can tellnet to xxx.xxxxxx.xxx:80 and receive the SOS server headers (protocol-version...etc). So that leads me to beleive it's not a type of port redirect occuring on the network, but instead is inside the SOS client.

The reason for my running it on port 80, is it seems to be the only port that most of my clients leave open for outgoing access.

thanks,
frank

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:22 pm

This is a bug. We've run into it before.

The SOS Client keeps connections info in the registry. If you have connected to port 8080 or 8081 at some point, and then try to connect to port 80, the client seems to think this is a shortcut for 8080.

The workaround is to edit the Connection(x) value in the registry to 80. It's under this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceOffSite\SourceOffSite\Settings

If you install a new client and the first port you connect to is 80, this doesn't happen, since the registry info is correct.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:09 pm

I guess unfortunately for me, internally I connect to a server via 8080 and at other times, I connect to an external server on port 80. So I use both sometimes; at times in the same day. I'll be sure to let people know to explictly use 0080 from now on.