can't login to SOS server anymore

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MPeterson

can't login to SOS server anymore

Post by MPeterson » Tue May 31, 2005 3:59 pm

I have looked at the other strings about this but have not seen a resolution. Basically I can connect then get the following:

Connecting to sosserver:port...
Server sending 128 bit challenge.
Using 128 bit encryption to communicate with server.
Loggin in...

I turned the SOSServer to verbose and got the following:

5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - Connection accepted from client:port on local address sosserver:port, session id is 1.
5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - 1: Connection from: client:port
5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - 1: Preparing to send the list of databases...
5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - 1: Sending the challenge to the client.
5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - 1: Sending the challenge message body to the client.
5/31/2005 2:59:43 PM - 1: Waiting for the client's response...

That is the end of it. I was working previously and everyone else is still working. I have two machines that I have tried on but no luck. There could be a change in my network but I figured if I can connect then everything else should work. Yes, I tested the telnet and it worked. Any thoughts?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:06 pm

Looks like something is preventing communication from the client back to the server.

Can you log on as a different user?

Is there anything different about your configuration, as compared to other users who can log in?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

MPeterson

Post by MPeterson » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:00 pm

In the trace I included from the SOS Server it shows that after connecting the login never makes it back to the server.

I tried with another users login and got the same results.

The only configuration difference would be something on my home network. But if I can connect to the server I do not understand why the "Login" attempt would not even make it to the server. Does SourceOffsite use some other port to go out on than the one I connect on. If I can connect to the server at 123.123.123.123:123 then I would think the login would be going to that same port.

I am absolutely willing to make changes to my firewall but I just have no idea what would need to be changed. If I can connect why would there be a communication problem. I do agree there is a communication problem but I just can't understand what it could be.

Thanks for any help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:24 pm

It appears the port is open to the server (Client >> Server), but when the server tries to communicate with the client, nothing happens, so the client may never get the message.

Check to see that the port is open from Server >> Client.

You can also test communication with the telnet test:

telnet <SOSservername> <port>

If the connection is successful, you should see the path to the VSS database. If not, something is blocking the connection.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

MPeterson

Post by MPeterson » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:25 am

I had tested the telnet earlier but here are the results:

Protocol-Version:2.0
Message-ID:00000000
Database Aliases:X:\\xxxxxx\\SRCSAFE.INI
Content-Length:42
Key Length:16

òa╜l?o♦y÷rx▲╝▀▀X:\xxxxxx\SRCSAFE.INI

Also, I am in-house this week so nothing between me and the SOSServer and I get the same results. I have double and triple checked that my "Windowss Firewall" is turned off and it is. This make me wonder if there is a registry entry problem. Although I have re-installed multiple times.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:41 pm

Looks like you're connecting to the secure port. Can you connect to the unsecure port? Default is 8080 in SOS 4.x.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear