Get Latest Version to location OTHER than the working dir?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Get Latest Version to location OTHER than the working dir?

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 9:09 am

When I cut a release to one of our servers using VSS, I would right click the project, and then go to Get Latest Version... This would open a window that would allow me to specify which path I would like to get the project to, defaulting to my working directory. I can't seem to find this anywhere in the SOS setting, options, documentation, or knowledge base.

I apologize if I missed this in the forums, but a search on latest version seemed only to return bugs concerning getting a label, but not where you are getting it to.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 19, 2005 8:45 pm

There isn't a way to specify a different directory for a Get. You'd need to temporarily change the working folder.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mikek

Post by mikek » Fri May 20, 2005 8:27 am

The problem with that is that the location I want to get the files to it on a different machine, and my mapped drives don't show up in the window that lets me choose my working directory. Not to mention that it could get very dangerous to change your working directory all the time as leaving on the production server by mistake could cause the files to go to the wrong place.

Are there any plans to add this ability in the future? The same functionality would be good for the Diff function, as we would often run it to see the differences between the source control and what was located on various servers.

mikek

Post by mikek » Fri May 20, 2005 8:29 am

I just noticed the drive dropdown, and it does show my mapped drives. I should have seen that before. Anyhow, the question still stands if this is something to look for in a future release?