could not find any files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cindy

could not find any files

Post by cindy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:02 am

sometimes I built a new connection with a new VSS project, the connection and the login are just ok. but when I login, i could just view the constructions of the project in sourceoffsite.The really files I could not find. But in the vss I could find them easily and normally. would you tell me why? :cry:

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:09 am

Are you saying you can add a new project that has files, and you can see the project but you can't see the files?

When this happens can you see files in other (old) projects?

Can other users see the project and files?

Do you see any error messages in the status pane when you click on the project?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

cindy

just projects, but no files

Post by cindy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:34 am

yes, when I login, the explore tree could show some project frame. I could not see any files from the right area. When click some folders, the error messages always shows "no such file or projects...."
Also, any user logined with their accout could only see the folder but no files. However, the VSS API connection could support to use as normal.

when I check out from VSS and then add the files to the sourceoffsite, the files is invisiable as normal.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:27 am

It would be helpful to see a copy of the SOS Server log file.

If you are using SOS 3.x, please enable verbose logging in the Debug tab of the SOS Server Manager and in General Settings ->Logging, set the logging to overwrite at startup. Restart the SOS Sever. Then perform the operations which are failing. Send me a copy of the log.txt file located in the SOS directory on the SOS Server machine. Let me know what username you were logged in under and the approximate time in the log that corresponds with the failed operation.

To enable debug logging in 4.0, you need to edit the
SosService.exe.config file in your server's installation folder
and change the General setting in <system.diagnostics><switches>
to be 4 instead of 1.

My email address is linda@sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager