SOS Client Version 4.02 Hangs on User Login

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Neil Anderson

SOS Client Version 4.02 Hangs on User Login

Post by Neil Anderson » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:09 pm

We have four licences for SOS Version 4.02. All four users have been set up the same. First set up in SourceSafe with a UserName/Password. Then Added to both tabs in SOS. This of course generates the .iky files. I then load up the SOS client using my name Neil Anderson. It connects to the SOS server, then asks me for my name/password. I am able to log in correctly and the project tree displays. Then I import any users key to test it. Connect to the server and enter the new username/password. Then it hangs for about 3 minutes and finally it times out with: Server Connection Closed.

This happens for all users except me. I could of sworn that when I first installed SOS I was able to access with the other users.

I've gone through most of the common posts and made the registray change to Both.

I'm running the SourceSafe and SOS server on Windows 2000 server with all the latest service packs.

This is very frustrating. Help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:18 pm

I'll need more information to determine what the problem is.

Can you post or send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory? Email to linda at sourcegear.com.

Part of the problem could be from importing multiple encryption keys. When you import a .iky file, it creates a <server>.key file. It's possible the .key file is not being updated properly. Try deleting the .key file and importing one of the other users' .iky files. Does it work?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:31 pm

I sendt you an email, with the information. Did you not get it. If not could you give me your full email address so I can resend it.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:49 am

This was resolved. There were two server installations and one was not working properly.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager