Error recieving data from server - closing connection

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Poindexter

Error recieving data from server - closing connection

Post by Poindexter » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:48 am

I tried to fix this error for hours last night. I restarted my server like 20 times to try and get the settings right. I have the secure connection, the ip, i have made a key and imported it... I don't know what else to do. Any idea? Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:01 pm

There's some sort of network problem here. Could a firewall be closing the connection?

Email me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Perhaps we'll get more information there.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Poindexter

Hmmm...

Post by Poindexter » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:50 pm

I don't seem to have a log.txt file in the sourceoffsite folder. Would it matter that i was using the trial version or not? Also, where should the file be located?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:09 pm

If you don't have a log file then something may not be configured correctly. Is the SOS Server starting? If not, is there an error message?

Does the account used by the SOS Server service have read/write access to the SOS Server directory so that it can write out the log file? To check what account is being used by SOS, look in Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services->SourceOffSite. Right click and select Properties->Logon.