Automatically generate user key file

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Automatically generate user key file

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:07 am

Hi,

I'm using SOS 4.1, installed at my company server. Normally I want to connect to SOS from my home PC. So i generated a user key file and imported it into my SOS client. Everything works fine. However, the problem is that the IP of my company server is dynamic and keeps changing. As a result, the user key file becomes invalid once the IP is different.

Is there any programmatic way to ask SOS server to generate the user key file automatically and have it sent to my email when the IP address changed.

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:51 am

Sorry, there's no automation like this in the SOS Server Manager. One of the system requirements for the SOS Server is to have static IP address.

However there are ways to get around this:

1) use the fully qualified domain name of the SOS Server machine and create the encryption key using that instead of an IP address.

2) Use a service that provides a static IP. We do know of a few users who utilize the free service from http://www.no-ip.com/ to produce a static address for client users to connect to. We're not affiliated with them in any way and can't officially recommend them, but we have had a number of positive reports.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager