SOS 4.1 + VSS 6.0d hanging when getting older version-FIXED

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Cosmin

SOS 4.1 + VSS 6.0d hanging when getting older version-FIXED

Post by Cosmin » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:54 am

This problem got fixed after we installed Visual Studio SP 6 on the machine running VSS. Also check the registry
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{783CD4E4-9D54-11CF-B8EE-00608CC9A71F}\InprocServer32

should be set to "Both"

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 am

Thanks for the post. This is a known issue with certain versions of the 6.0d ssapi.dll file. More info here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Cosmin

Hanging when getting older version of files or using diff

Post by Cosmin » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:17 am

I'm sorry, my message was confusing a little bit. First problem we had since we upgraded to 4.1 was that diff or getting older version of files didn't work anymore when using SOS clients. So I tryed to use SSAPI.DLL from 6.0c instead of 6.0d which fixed our initial problem but then SSADMIN didn't work anymore... so I switched back to the old DLL - getting back to the hanging problem when getting older versions...

Also the what happened also was that SOS stopped responding after 20 - 30 minutes and we hat to restart SOS service... until we found the registry issue fix.

After that we applied VS SP6 which comes with an even newer version of ssapi.dll which fixes the problem that we had while trying to get older versions or while trying to compare 2 files -- when SOS Client used to hang...

So the problem fix I was trying to inform was regarding SOS 4.1 + VSS 6.0d problem in the subject, and the registry notice was just a hint not to have the threding model back to apartment from "Both" after SP 6 install.. .