Server closed connection

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

yo

Server closed connection

Post by yo » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:30 am

I am using SOS Classic 3.5.3

I did some diskcleanup (using built in windows utilities). Since then, as soon as I open up SOS, I get an error message "server closed connection". When I use Internet Explorer and type in http://servername:port I get "250" back. I am not sure what this means, but apparently the server is working fine, just for some reason SOS closes the connection immediately after it is established.
Any clues why this may be happening or how to fix it?
Thank you so much for your help.
Yo

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:45 am

We'd have to take a look at the server log file. Reproduce the failures, then email a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Send it to Linda at Sourcegear.com. Be sure to reference this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tmh

Server closed connection

Post by tmh » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:23 am

I have the same problem on version 4.0.2 on a fresh install on a almost new Windows XP.

I have tried to shutdown my firewall and also to upgrade to version 4.1, but it does not help.

Spying on network traffic showed that the client for some reason sends [FIN, ACK] to the server upon connection. A normal ack is sent on a machine that works (against the same server).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:30 am

A log file in verbose mode would be helpful here, too. Email to Linda at Sourcegear.com. Be sure to reference this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager