Error sending data to server

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dnorevll

Error sending data to server

Post by dnorevll » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:18 pm

I tried to create a new "test" project under the root (right-click on the $ root and choose create project), and then tried to add any file (right-click the project folder, and choose Add files), and you receive "Error sending data to server".

The problem is not related to a specific version of SOS, because initially I used version 3.5, and I switched to version 4.0.2 with no success.

We are connecting to a SOS server located in France. Checking out is ok but we are upable to check in. Any thoughts?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:35 am

The "Error sending data to server" is a generic error that may mean that the communication between the SOS Client and Server was broken during the operation.

What version is the SOS Server?

Did SOS ever work properly? If so, has something changed on the network?

From your description, it sounds like something may be blocking outgoing traffic to the SOS Server. Could a third party, like a firewall be closing the connection? Verify that the port you're using for SOS is open in both directions between SOS Client and Server.

Are other users able to add projects and files?

Try connecting to our demo server and see if you can add files:

sos.sourceoffsite.com port 8888 user daffy pwd duck.

If you continue to experience difficulty, reproduce the error, then send me a copy of the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory. Perhaps there will be some additional clues.

Here's info on enabling verbose logging:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager