"Forkert parameter" ("The parameter is incorr

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pmn

"Forkert parameter" ("The parameter is incorr

Post by pmn » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:53 am

Hi

I saw a posting regarding the problem of having a dialog "The parameter is incorrect" when adding files.
I am having a similar problem: When trying to access a certain folder (e.g. marking the folder, a ckeck out files recursive) in my hieracy a dialog with the mesage "Forkert parameter" (in danish corresponding to "The parameter is incorrect" in english) is popped up. When dismissed it is popped up again this continues around 35 times. After that the client is in the state of processing a command, it remains in this state until the operation is aborted. Then the client reconnects to the server.
Furthermore I noticed that only the first 4 files is processed in the folder when checking out, which may indicate that the problem is linked to (a) certain file(s).

Hoping to get a solution to the problem.
Attachments
error.txt
Selected part of the Server log file.
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 697 times
Best Regards
Peter Moller Grand

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:45 pm

We've had a few reports of this, but we haven't been able to pin this one down.

Unfortunately, the log only shows logins and disconnects. There is a message: "Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array", which appears alarming, but is of no use at all in diagnosing anything. We're not even sure it indicates any kind of SOS error. It might help to enable verbose and method logging to see if the log provides other information.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

See if this link is at all relevant (the fourth post reports the same error you're seeing) :

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

At what exactly point do you get the error -- when clicking OK on a recursive get?
Does this happen for other others?
Does it happen on any get?

What version of SOS client and server are you using? What version of VSS is on the SOS Server machine?

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

pmn

Post by pmn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:25 am

HI

We are using SOS version 4.1 both on the server and client side. VSS version 6.0d.

I have located the problem, it seems to be a local problem. It was not found on other clients, and therefore I tried to do the the following:

1) Close the SOS client
2) Delete the folder containing the problem (after making a backup)
3) Open SOS again
4) Press "Get Latest Version..." on the folder with the problem
5) Check out the folder recursively
6) Copy the files changed from the backup back to the folder
7) Ensuring all files in the folder does not have read only flag
8) Check in the folder recursively

After that the problem disapperared. :-)
Best Regards
Peter Moller Grand

Assyst Team

Parameter is incorrect

Post by Assyst Team » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:34 pm

We had the same problem in several machines. Normally administrators used to install the software using their own user account. When normal users try to run the application, they will get the errors mentioned above.

Solution :

For the application to run normally for a particular user, it should be installed from his user account (better to have admin privilege).