Source Offsite 3.5.3 Flat View?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Yves

Source Offsite 3.5.3 Flat View?

Post by Yves » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Hi,

I'm a new SOS user and we're using version 3.5.3. I was just wondering if we have something like a flat file view where I can see, for instance, a list of all new files from n-levels deep that I haven't added to VSS yet...?

Similarly, I'd also want to be able to see all the files I've edited for the day by just clicking on the root folder.

Currently, I go through all the folders one by one just to see which files I havent added yet and might forget to add.

I've been reading the help files and I havent seen any docs about this feature (if it exists).

Thanks,
-Yves-

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:16 am

I was just wondering if we have something like a flat file view where I can see, for instance, a list of all new files from n-levels deep that I haven't added to VSS yet...?
There's nothing built into SOS (or VSS for that matter) to do this.

However if you have a diff tool configured in the SOS Client->Options->External Programs, you can do a project diff which should show you which files are in your working directory that are not in the database. SOS 3.5.3 doesn't ship with a diff tool, but you could try something like Beyond Compare or possibly WinDiff.
Similarly, I'd also want to be able to see all the files I've edited for the day by just clicking on the root folder.
In SOS 4.1, you can do a status search for all Edited files, but this feature is not available in SOS 3.5.3. Of course, this wouldn't work if you'd checked in the files.

I'll add these requests to our features database, for consideration for future implementation.

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support