Directory diff not working

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Andrew Lighten

Directory diff not working

Post by Andrew Lighten » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:26 am

Problem: I want to get a list of files in my working directory that are not part of the project tree.

I've tried two different approaches. The first is to search for all files of varying status levels (missing, unknown, renegade, etc). This list always comes up empty.

The second approach I've tried is to diff the project, hoping it will show files in the working directory that don't appear in the project. This appears to do nothing whatsoever; SOS goes away and things for a few seconds, then redisplays the project file list and doesn't do anything else at all. I've used three different external directory diff programs (sgdm, windiff and winmerge); all have the same effect.

I know for a fact that there is a file in the working directory that doesn't appear in the project; I put it there myself. How do I get SOS to show me this? The idea of working this out manually across 30 odd directories every time I do a checkin is not a pleasant one.

The Win32 SOS client I'm using is 4.1. I have no idea what the server version is.

Any ideas, anyone?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:48 am

This is a known bug in SOS 4.1. :oops:

We plan to fix this in our next release, due out in about a month. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Andrew Lighten

Post by Andrew Lighten » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:49 am

Ok, thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for it. Do you have a mailing list I can subscribe to so I know when it's available?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:36 am

You can subscribe to the Announcements section of our forum through an RSS feed. We don't have an email notification other than that.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager