Error while Importing Encryption Key

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rodleo

Error while Importing Encryption Key

Post by rodleo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 am

Hi,

I am using the trial version of SOS 4.1 and have also set up the SOS server remotely. While I am trying to import the encription key file (which is generated on the SOS server) on the either XP or Win2K clients, it pops up an error message:

"The client was unable to write the key file 'C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\0611491361112Key-Format:1.key'"

The logins I am using on both machines have the administrator rights. Besides, I have unselected the folder property 'read only' on the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\user1\Application Data\SourceGear\'

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem please?

Thanks,
Rodleo

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:49 am

I was able to reproduce this configuration error.

SOS user keys are created with the username and the IP address or servername of the SOS Server.

In this case, the key appears to have been created by entering
"0611491361112Key-Format:1" in the text box for "SourceOffSite Server" in the Add User Key dialog. This would create a key with an unrecognized format.

Have your SOS admin recreate the user key, using the SOS Server IP address and no additional text.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rodleo

Post by rodleo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:58 pm

Thank you Linda.

I found some unnecessary text ("Key-Format:1") following the IP address in the key file. It works well after deleting it.

Rodleo