Unknown error

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

zmagyar

Unknown error

Post by zmagyar » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Today afternoon without any change on the server the SOS clients wasn't able to download the file list of the projects. Tried with several projects in our project tree and it is failed all the time. Checking the server log there isn't anything helpful. There is only an error message in the log:

Unknown error(0x8004d83e)

I have turned on the verbose logging but still can not see anything meaningful in the log. Only the connect and disconnect entries and the above error are there.
Then stopped the service and executed VSS analyse. Restarting the service the error was still there.

Any ideas please?

Version details:
SourceOffSite Classic Server 3.5.3
With Cryptography

Operating System: Windows NT 5.0

Java VM: Microsoft Corp. Version 1.1.4

Pin Support disabled.

Debugging output enabled.

VSS DLL synchronization disabled.

Number of licenses configured: 30

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan Magyar

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:54 am

Hm. That's not much to go on. Can you connect to the database using a VSS Client?

Is there any information in the SOS Server machine's Event Viewer?

If SOS users are having trouble accessing the VSS database, there could be some type of problem with the VSS Automation Component that the SOS Server uses to communicate with the database.

I'd suggest you re-register the ssapi.dll:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=255

If this doesn't work, it may take some more detective work on your part to determine what may have changed in your software or network environment. I'd also be happy to take a look at your log file in verbose mode. Email it to Linda at SourceGear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

zmagyar

Post by zmagyar » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:57 am

lbauer wrote:Hm. That's not much to go on. Can you connect to the database using a VSS Client?
Yes, the local VSS client connect properly and can do any operation on that project.
lbauer wrote:Is there any information in the SOS Server machine's Event Viewer?
No, there isn't anything related.
lbauer wrote:If this doesn't work, it may take some more detective work on your part to determine what may have changed in your software or network environment.
I have compared the old VSS analyze results with the last one and found the following difference

Code: Select all

The file PaymentMethodRegionItem.cpp was branched from WPRDAAAA which is 
now corrupted and the early versions will be unaccessible.
Deleting the above file from VSS resolved the problem. It is really weird.

Zoltan