SoS shows different data to SS

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mark West

SoS shows different data to SS

Post by Mark West » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi,

Am testing SoS, seems great so far. but i have found that if someone checks stuff in/out via SoS, and i open up the same SS db using sourcesafe itself localy it is showing different files?

Does SoS not update directlty to the normal SS database? Do I have to set something to do this?

Cheers

Mark West

PS.

Post by Mark West » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:34 pm

I also have noticed that SoS shows some files checked out, which SS shows checked in. all a bit bizarre, i thought it used the same DB, so how can it do this..

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:02 am

SOS caches the project tree on the client side to improve performance. If another user adds folders to the project tree, you'd need to refresh the Project Tree (under the View menu in the SOS Client) to see them.

Files lists might need to be refreshed, too, to see checkout changes, etc.

If you continue to experience inconsistencies, let us know and we'll investigate.

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Mark West

hmm

Post by Mark West » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:15 am

Thanks, but i am not sure you quite understand the problem.

You see, there have been no files added etc, it is same files that were there from day one, it is just that, if I check out a file using SoS remotely, someone using SS on local lan cannot see the file checked out.

If i open the SoS client, and the SS client and put them next to each other, they are showing different information. A file checked out in SoS is never recognised as being checked out in SS itself.

As it stands I am having to merge changes using SoS, then manually check the file into SS so that they remain consistent.

I thought SoS just talked directly to the normal SS database, how can they be saying different things?

Sorry for being a pain :)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:53 am

Verify that the database path in the SOS Server Manager is pointing to the same database you are opening with the Visual SourceSafe client.

Also verify you are looking at the same projects in SOS as in VSS.

If that seems to checkout OK, send me screenshots of what you are seeing in the SOS and VSS client. Email them to linda at SourceGear.com or post them to the forum.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager