SOSCMD 4.1 capabilites

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

davekrekel

SOSCMD 4.1 capabilites

Post by davekrekel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:32 am

I am currently running on SourceOffSite version 3.5.3.

I tried to use SOSCMD 3.5 DOS client GetProject to replace the GUI Client GetLatest. So I could run the project update at night through the task scheduler.

However, I ran into the following issues:

1) The DOS client did not identify members that were checked out in GUI Client and replaced all the members in the project, losing changes.

2) After running the DOS client it set every member in the project is set to a "Renegade" status and I had to repeat the GetLatest in the GUI client to reset the flags. Since it takes over an hour to GetLatest using the GUI client I would like to be able to make this work.

Will upgrading to 4.1 correct these problems?

Thanks Dave K

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:59 am

Are you using the -soshome variable? This would cause the CLC to use the SOS Client cache and not refetch files that were already in the working directory.

But the SOS 3.5.x CLC will overwrite modified files. In SOS 4.x, the CLC has an option to "-skipwritable," which would preserve any writable files in the destination directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

davekrekel

Post by davekrekel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:14 am

Yes I am using soshome parm. The current DOS Command is:

call C:\D900\Utl\soscmd -command GetProject -server faixxx:8888
-name nnnn -password ppp
-database \\faixxx\ABS_VSS\srcsafe.ini
-project $/d900/ddf -workdir c:\d900\ddf
-soshome "C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite" -verbose -recursive

For some reason getting latest through the DOS and then loading the GUI client all the programs were tagged as renegade.

I also get the renegade problem when geting latest in GUI client with shared members across directories with in the same project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave K