SOS 3.5.3 hangs, java errors.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

slf06

SOS 3.5.3 hangs, java errors.

Post by slf06 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:27 am

SOS is hanging on login, even after stopping and starting the service it is still in a state of non-funtionality. VSS 6 With Service pack 6 for VSS applied with the registry fix. The logfile states that it is listening, the next line states address in use. Also in the Windows 2K event viewer I have errors related to SOS. Here is the 1st error, "Java.Lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError at ssapi/IVSSUser.getProjectRights
at java/Lang/Thread.run. I have never seen an error like this related to SOS. We are also having problems pinning in some areas, very sporadic. All our Vss databases are analyzed and fixed on a weekly basis. Vss
runs great, but we are having a lot of problems with SOS after years of smooth running, I am starting to suspect the server OS, has anyone ever seen these types of error.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:41 am

What verson of the ssapi.dll is included in your version of VSS? See this KB article on how to determine the version:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=5293
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

slf06

Post by slf06 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:51 am

The ssapi.dll version is 6.0.31222.0

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:47 pm

We haven't had other reports of this error.

The change of threading model to Both should only be used if you have VSS 6.0d with ssapi.dll version ending in 98.48.

I believe that Microsoft fixed the threading bug in later versions of 6.0d.
They were very helpful in working with SourceGear to fix the change in threading that affected SOS. So you might want to change the registry back to Apartment.

What version of SOS are you using? What OS is the SOS Server installed on?

When did this errors start? Did something change at that time? (For instance, did they begin after you installed the service pack?

Is there anything in the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory that might be helpful?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager