error message attempting to uploade files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Grant

error message attempting to uploade files

Post by Grant » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:41 am

Gday,

We are using Source offsite V4.0.2 and have been for the past couple of months now. One of my users cannot upload new documents anymore he is getting the error :

"The parameter is incorrect".

This error suddenly apeared and Ive tried comletely uninstalling (clearing all registry entries) and reinstalling but the error persists! When we try "Add Files" the error comes up and there are no drives listed, just garbled nonsense. The server log just shows the client connection but nothing else. We can do everything else in SourceOffsite except browse his drives and upload files, even after the error message!

Id appreciate any help on this, if all else fails I will have to re-build his machine and I really dont want to be doing that for such a minor thing....

Thanks,
Grant

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:03 pm

We've had reports of this from time to time, with no specific solution. Sometimes the garbled letters are a precursor to disk failure, but not in all cases.

You might take a look at this post to see if it sheds any light:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jesse

Single Drive

Post by jesse » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:41 pm

I also had this problem with version 4.1 of sourceoffsite client. Using the subst command as described in link posted by admin immediatley remedies the problem.

Too my knowledge this issue has been around since 3.5.x