Prompts for Checkout when nothing has changed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ablesa

Prompts for Checkout when nothing has changed

Post by ablesa » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:16 pm

I have an issue using SourceOffSite, Version 4.1. I am developing web forms in the .NET IDE.

I have been using this development environment for some time and today is the first time this has happened.

I opened a .aspx file in the IDE of .NET and it prompted me to check the file out. I didn't change the file (and didn't want to)... I could not find any way to open this file without it prompting me to check it out. Now, I can't even run the solution because it keeps wanting to check this file out, even though I haven't changed it. So, I tell it to "discard the in-memory changes". Once I do that and try to run again, it tells me the saem thing...

I have tried closing the IDE and getting latest from SOS (directly from SOS and not in the IDE) on the worrisome file, but that doesn't seem to help... I don't know what to do at this point.

Any help would be appreciated!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:35 pm

Was this file in the original project when it was added to source control, or was it added later? Visual Studio may prompt for checkout because the file needs to be added to source control.

Another thing to look at are your source control options in VS.NET under Tools->Options->Source Control General. One of those settings may be causing the prompts.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager